Search Checkdent
dental-videos
DENTAL FORUM
Search Forum

Tooth Extraction On 7/12/2016

User Level:
Patient
Posted by: krislild  (3 years ago)
I had my #13 tooth extracted on Tuesday. Everything went well. After released from dentist. I gently replaced my gauze 20-25 minutes after placed. I did notice a small chuck of blood if you will. I have been on a soft food diet since. Tried to eat a chicken noodle the first evening but got a noodle stuck and was able to dislodge gently. on 7/14/2016 I got this pulsing throbbing pain. I took some ibuprofen that took care of the pain instantly. Because of the small chunk of blood I am concerned if I have a dry socket. My husband says it looks fine. But I am skeptical. please picture below.
User Level:
Dentist
I had my #13 tooth extracted on Tuesday. Everything went well. After released from dentist. I gently replaced my gauze 20-25 minutes after placed. I did notice a small chuck of blood if you will. I have been on a soft food diet since. Tried to eat a chicken noodle the first evening but got a noodle stuck and was able to dislodge gently. on 7/14/2016 I got this pulsing throbbing pain. I took some ibuprofen that took care of the pain instantly. Because of the small chunk of blood I am concerned if I have a dry socket. My husband says it looks fine. But I am skeptical. please picture below.

Can't really say from the picture, because the clot or lack of one will be very deep under the gums. A dry socket hurts like the dickens and hardly any pain reliever helps. If you don't have this type of pain, you probably do not have a dry socket.
Posted 3 years ago
User Level:
Patient
Here is what my tooth looks like today. I have been told this is normal. But I just don't feel like I am being told the accurate answer. I am trying to get in to see the oral surgeon today.
User Level:
Patient
Here is my update. Tooth is healing just fine. yahhh :)
User Level:
Dentist
By viewing your snap I can say it’s a case of dry socket but as a doctor I have to analyse you live in order to detect your oral problem. After an extraction, a blood clot forms in the tooth socket. The clot protects the bone while the healing process takes place. If that blood clot is loosened or dislodged, you may have a dry socket, in which the bone is exposed. Dry sockets may last for several days and may cause severe pain that sometimes includes ear pain. Don’t disturb the clot that forms on the wound. As I am specialized in this field, I think you need to call the doctor that did the procedure and have them see you right away. Most likely it is a dry socket but it could be an infection. This is very painful and does last for a bit of time. Next time you see your doctors ask about any antibiotics, there may be more involved in your case. If you are now experiencing pain on the other side, seeing and oral Surgeon may be a good idea. Oil of Clove can be dropped into the socket for some relief. Whole food and other health stores carry this. Hope this will help you.
Posted 3 years ago