When I was younger I had a few in the back of my mouth filled in with silver. A couple of months ago, my dentist had removed two of the silver fillings. He said they were cracking. After the removal, I had nothing but problems. I ended up with a canal and a lot of sensitivity. He said I still have one more filling which needs to be removed but I already declined. The tooth he is referring to feels fine and I decided to have the filling removed only if it will start to bother me again. What are your thoughts about this? Is it okay to wait?
Please shed some light on this for me. I would be grateful for your answers!