Search Checkdent
dental-videos
DENTAL FORUM
Search Forum

Multiple Extractions 2 days ago. Yellow color, pain

User Level:
Patient
Posted by: REH2015  (2 years ago)
I had multiple extractions done 2 days ago, prescribed clindamycin. There's lots of pain, and the extraction sites have a yellow color tissue. Does this look normal or should I be worried?
User Level:
Dentist
I had multiple extractions done 2 days ago, prescribed clindamycin. There's lots of pain, and the extraction sites have a yellow color tissue. Does this look normal or should I be worried?

Not easy to tell from these photos. From the top it looks normal. Dry sockets are deep underneath the gums. The test is putting an irrigation syringe deep and expressing hydrogen peroxide. If there is not intact blood clot, it is a dry socket and must be packed many times with gauze.

You have got some serious decay. Make sure your dentist diagnoses where the decay is coming from- acid reflux, soda drinking, sucking on hard candy are all examples.
Posted 2 years ago
User Level:
Dentist

Not easy to tell from these photos. From the top it looks normal. Dry sockets are deep underneath the gums. The test is putting an irrigation syringe deep and expressing hydrogen peroxide. If there is not intact blood clot, it is a dry socket and must be packed many times with gauze.

You have got some serious decay. Make sure your dentist diagnoses where the decay is coming from- acid reflux, soda drinking, sucking on hard candy are all examples.
Posted 2 years ago
User Level:
Dentist

Posted 2 years ago
User Level:
Dentist

Posted 2 years ago
User Level:
Dentist

Posted 2 years ago