Search Checkdent
dental-videos
DENTAL FORUM
Search Forum

Loose 4 unit bridge

User Level:
Patient
Posted by: lbcopas  (5 years ago)
...it runs from #6 (which is loose) to #3 (which is still firmly cemented. If I can remove bridge intact, it can be reused and cost me a few dollars. If it has to be cut off, I have to buy a new one for thousands of dollars. I've been pulling down on the front of it with floss but it moves only slightly. Will it eventually come off if I keep playing with it? What is the percentage of fractured teeth by attempting to remove this bridge with a dental slide hammer?What would YOU do? Thanks, larry
User Level:
Patient
Posted by: Jennifermurdock  (5 years ago)
I'd just wait for it to hopefully come out on it's own.
User Level:
Patient
Posted by: lbcopas  (5 years ago)
OK, well I just got it off and will take to dentist to see if it's reusable. Thanks for your advise. larry
User Level:
Patient
Posted by: Jennifermurdock  (5 years ago)
Good luck, I hope they can fix it and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg and teeth! :)
User Level:
Dentist
Without seeing the bridge or knowing what kind of cement is being used, I don’t think anyone can automatically assume a remake is required though with 3 abutments, the fit should be pretty tight. Either the cement has loosened up or one of the supporting teeth may be fractured. See your dentist for an evaluation and treatment. You need to see your dentist and let him check the bridge. It probably only needs to be recemented. This will give you peace of mind and you will not continue to worry! Hope this helps.
Posted 5 years ago