dental-videos
DENTAL FORUM
Search Forum

Jaw pain 3 weeks after gum graft surgery

User Level:
Patient
Posted by: centralpain  (8 years ago)
Hi,

My face swelled up like a balloon with bruising around my jowls and under my eyes after a gum grafting surgery I had done 3 weeks ago. The dentist took out the packing and the swelling got better. However, I started to feel severe pain on the surgical site and on my jaw opposite the surgical site. My dentist prescribed antibiotic and Vicodin to cover the pain, and my gums got better but my pain remains unbearable. When I called my dentist about this, he asked me to take more Vicodin and told me that some people take longer to heal. It has been three weeks and I’m starting to worry. Is this part of the healing process or should I seek a second opinion from another dentist? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

User Level:
Patient
Posted by: gclaerbaut  (8 years ago)
Hi, I was wondering if your jaw pain ever went away? I had gum grafting done on my lower bottom teeth with the donor tissue taken from the roof of my mouth 3 weeks ago. I have jaw pain and throbbing in a couple of my teeth. Gosh, it's been awful:( So, yeah, wondering if the pain went away for you or if it was linked to another problem? Thanks