About two years ago, I had a done in my upper right second molar. I had the temporary crown on for a month and when it's time to get the permanent crown it did not fit properly. I waited for another week to have the permanent crown on. Last week, I experienced a throbbing pain in the treated tooth and I had a fever the next day. The tooth hurts when I apply pressure on it. I went to the dentist today who said there's an infection in the canal. I guess I caught the infection when the fitting of the permanent crown was delayed. He removed the crown and he prescribed antibiotics. He said he may need to do a canal again on the tooth if necessary. I am thinking of just getting a new crown without having a again. The antibiotic will clear the infection anyway. Please advise me on this.
Any idea would be highly appreciated.