Search Checkdent
dental-videos
DENTAL FORUM
Search Forum

Extreme tooth pain 8 months after drilling

User Level:
Patient
Posted by: martin  (7 years ago)
After detecting a very deep decay on my tooth (Incisor), the dentist drilled it and said the pain (reacting to cold and hot, does not react to sugar, gum has nothing to do with it I suppose) will fade in max. 3 months. But now it s been 8 months and the the tooth is still so painful like it used to when fresh drilled. There s no progress at all, so I visited the dentist again and he had nothing to say, just advised me to avoid drinking hot and cold. But this "disability" is really limiting me and I want the tooth to be fixed as soon as possible, so please if you ever had these problems, can you recommend me something? And excuse my english please.
User Level:
Dentist
After detecting a very deep decay on my tooth (Incisor), the dentist drilled it and said the pain (reacting to cold and hot, does not react to sugar, gum has nothing to do with it I suppose) will fade in max. 3 months. But now it s been 8 months and the the tooth is still so painful like it used to when fresh drilled. There s no progress at all, so I visited the dentist again and he had nothing to say, just advised me to avoid drinking hot and cold. But this "disability" is really limiting me and I want the tooth to be fixed as soon as possible, so please if you ever had these problems, can you recommend me something? And excuse my english please.

Sorry to have to tell you, the pulp is inflamed and will not heal. This often happens with deep cavities. Your dentist took a chance, but it did not work out. The good news is root canals on incisor teeth are easy and not that expensive.
Posted 7 years ago
User Level:
Patient
Posted by: martin  (7 years ago)
Thank you very much for your reply, but this was exactly what I was afraid of. I will give it 3 more months and try to keep the tooth as clean as possible and if there will not be any progress, I will ask my dentist to do this operation you are talking about. At least it cannot be even worse. What have I done to anyone in my past life, that god gave me such problem causing teeth. I am only 16 and yet having these problems.
User Level:
Dentist
decay is very common problem.root canal is not a major procedure atleast for incisors.waiting for three months is not feasible.it will increase the chance of infection. as you will start for root canal pain will subside.so nothing to worry just proceed and take care of your other teeth.
Dr.Mudita Barnawal
Posted 7 years ago
User Level:
Patient
Posted by: maxdental  (7 years ago)
A new Indian study confirms that eating cheese and other dairy products may help protect teeth against cavities. Rich in vitamins and minerals such as calcium and phosphorus, the cheese has many beneficial effects on the body
Posted by: Jennifernew  (7 years ago)
Pain after 8month of drilling is not good. It usually pains up to maximum two months. This time the pain might be because of some other reason. I think you should Consult with the dentist where you had you drilling. Dentist in Margate