Distance: 29.8 Miles
Great Neck, 11021
Distance: 30.7 Miles
start your health research here
Search Checkdent
dental-videos
DENTAL FORUM
Search Forum

dry socket 4 days after wisdom teeth removal?

User Level:
Patient
Posted by: budradis1  (6 years ago)
i got them out 4 days ago, and the jaw pain and swelling have gone down nicely. i can almost open my mouth all the way.

but last night i was playing videogames with friends and all of a sudden i felt this searing pain in my bottom two extraction sites. it almost felt like a terrible toothache, but worse. the pain was completely different from the jaw pain, but i would say it was just as bad if not worse. i have 3 advil in me now and it only helps partially.

i looked in a mirror with a flashlight and i did see a little white spot all the way in the back on one side (this side hurts worse), but not on the other.

could this be dry sockets?

thanks
User Level:
Dentist
i got them out 4 days ago, and the jaw pain and swelling have gone down nicely. i can almost open my mouth all the way.

but last night i was playing videogames with friends and all of a sudden i felt this searing pain in my bottom two extraction sites. it almost felt like a terrible toothache, but worse. the pain was completely different from the jaw pain, but i would say it was just as bad if not worse. i have 3 advil in me now and it only helps partially.

i looked in a mirror with a flashlight and i did see a little white spot all the way in the back on one side (this side hurts worse), but not on the other.

could this be dry sockets?

thanks

You probably have one or more dry sockets. Return to the surgeon who took them out for diagnosis and possible treatment.

Posted 6 years ago
User Level:
Patient
Posted by: jimhassel  (6 years ago)
Though you haven’t shared the pictures of your gum but as per your description, it can be development of dry socket. Get it diagnosed with your dentist and get it treated as soon as possible and get rid of the problem.