start your health research here
Search Checkdent
dental-videos
DENTAL FORUM
Search Forum

4 teeth extracted! HELP!! im 17

User Level:
Patient
Posted by: HeyThereDelilah  (9 years ago)
i got 4 premolar (2 on top and 2 on the bottom)teeth extracted yesterday to room for my teeth because i have braces, and i dont know if they are healing well. :/ i followed my dentists instructions and today i ate solid food trying to chew with myand at one point i got food stuck in one of the holes and i freaked out and tried to get it out and i did but but some weird white looking stuff was in there and so i rinsed and it was still there. how do i know if its infected, healing or a dry pocket??
User Level:
Dentist
i got 4 premolar (2 on top and 2 on the bottom)teeth extracted yesterday to room for my teeth because i have braces, and i dont know if they are healing well. :/ i followed my dentists instructions and today i ate solid food trying to chew with myand at one point i got food stuck in one of the holes and i freaked out and tried to get it out and i did but but some weird white looking stuff was in there and so i rinsed and it was still there. how do i know if its infected, healing or a dry pocket??

White stuff in the hole? How long after extraction you started eating? White stuff was probably food debris and you should rinse the area well before you go to sleep. I wouldn't worry much. After extraction soft tissue will cover the missing tooth "hole" and it is unlikely the food will get impacted in there. You can use an oral irrigation unit to make sure the area is cleaned properly. Also it will help you in the future with your braces as ortho brackets are hard to brush with a manual or electrical toothbrush.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings.
"Albert Einstein"

My Dental Hygienist and Teeth Whitening Toronto blog

Posted 9 years ago
User Level:
Dentist
Hello...I wouldn't worry about the white stuff in the healing socket. In all probability it is a combination of food debris and healing tissue. As long as you have no fever, swelling, pain or pus discharge - all is well. Don't worry - rinse 3-4 times a day with warm salt water.
Posted 9 years ago
User Level:
Patient
Posted by: jimhassel  (9 years ago)
Hello...I wouldn't worry about the white stuff in the healing socket. In all probability it is a combination of food debris and healing tissue. As long as you have no fever, swelling, pain or pus discharge - all is well. Don't worry - rinse 3-4 times a day with warm salt water.

Yes this is a good idea. Rinse 3-4 times a day with warm salt water will sure give you relax and you feel better. Lot's of people tried this in these case. Within some days this will become smooth and you will get out from this problem.
User Level:
Patient
Posted by: jimhassel  (9 years ago)

Yes this is a good idea. Rinse 3-4 times a day with warm salt water will sure give you relax and you feel better. Lot's of people tried this in these case. Within some days this will become smooth and you will get out from this problem.